Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Flasher LED Holders

Was looking into how to mount my flasher LEDs, here is a really cool setup. http://ca.mouser.com/Tyco_StarBoard/

Basically allows you to take your star LED boards and mount them without the need for any thermal adhesive, and no soldering.

I like this option as it would be a very clean look, and I hate hard wiring anything incase it breaks down the road. with this you can just unscrew the cover and remove the LED, you can even install different diffuser lenses if you like. Other great thing is the wires just clip on to the sides, so even the wires aren't hard mounted to the heat sink or the LED.

Unfortunately I couldn't find this setup for RGBW or four color LEDs, they seem to only make it for 3. On my next cab I am definately just going to go with RGB LEDs and these mounts, and if I feel the need for white light maybe get a strobe.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is the most easiest solution i like that Led Holders

    ReplyDelete