Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Door Installation Ford Ranger


Here's the old perfectly good but unpowered door.  The door liner is a lot nicer on the new doors in addition to having power.  Here is a picture of the doors I am gutting the parts from.

You don't have to swing that much over from these doors, I had to swing the lock latch that had the solenoid for the door lock knob, and the powered window motor which just slid into the old track.

I also had to move the new power harness over but everything else mated up.  The only hard parts were the plug for the speaker/sensor/ on the drivers side is way up in the dash, I'm dropping the dash anyway but don't think you could connect it without doing so.  Additionally you have to drill out the rivets that hold the old power door motor and use bolts or rivets again to install.

So far I have only the drivers door swung over.  Tomorrow I'll drop the dash and install the harness and swap the passenger door.  Not sure the harness will work, it's a 2008 and from a 4WD but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment