Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Computer Power Supply Hacked to Power LEDWIZ


Using a computer power supply to drive the LEDWIZ, and a power supply from a printer that is 12V to drive all the relays that will power all of the car solenoids etc for the force feedback/noise generation of the pinball machine.
I basically cut the end off the power lead to the motherboard, tested the wires and wired them to a wiring block. Now I have 5V, 12,V and 3.3V power that I can use.
I plan to use the PC only for the LEDWIZ, and will only use 12Vs off of the computer power supply. But the 3.3 voltages will come in handy if I want to wire in some LEDs and not use a resistor.
To make the power supply turn on you have to short a couple of wires, and also you should hook the sensing wire of the regulator to 3.3 volts on the power supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment