Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

LED Testing


Here are some LED stripes I picked up, as well as a single LED. I have several colors in the strips and singles. Planning to power these using 3.3 volts from the power supply. Number of people tell me they should have a resistor, but since I'm using an optimum voltage I can't understand why?
If anyone has a good reason why these should have a resistor even though I'm using the correct voltage though let me know.
I could see it if I was driving them with 12 volts or something, but they seem to work fine with the 3.3 volts and aren't putting any load on the power supply.
Definately after building the Pinball cabinet have some ideas for these lights, was thinking to create some ambient lighting effects in the basement theater room that could be timed to music etc. But that is a little bit lame, and not a huge priority. It's just I've bought a lot of LEDs, and probably won't end up using them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment