Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wiring mostly complete now for Pinball Cabinet

Wiring is nearly completed for the cabinet now. Here is a pic of all of the relays I am using to drive car starter solenoids that will fire when Rom events like sling shots or pop bumpers fire in the game.


I have 7 relays now, but am going to pick up a couple more.


Plan to drive the following using these relays: 1 shaker motor for rumbling the cabinet, 1 gear motor for playfield motions like drawbridges raising or lowering where originally a gear motor was used, 2 solenoids for the flippers, 2 solenoids for the sling shots, and 3 for pop bumpers, I plan to use the solenoid out of a doorbell and have it strike against a metal plate for a ball knocker. Based on all that I'll need a couple more, so all totalled I'll eventually have 9.


Additionally I will control the LED buttons for start, extra coin, and launch ball, as well as drive 3 RGB LED flahsers that I will mount on top of the cabinet. To control all of the relays and these eventsI will be using a 32 port LEDWIZ, and powering everything with 12Volts DC.


Working through the game inputs now, have most thinks working how I want except for the tilt, was going to use real pinball tilt sensors, but they seem to want to double tilt all the time so I may just go with mercury switches instead or have to fine tune the software further.
Here is a pic of all of the power supplies I am running. Have 3.3 volts, 5 volts, and 12 volts available. Haven't found a need for 5 volts yet, but will use 3.3 volts to power LEDs in the side of the cabinet, and 12 Volts for the flasher LEDs and everything else. Except for the shaker motor where I may want to use 110 Volts AC if I can get a more powerful motor, although I don't want the machine to start walking on it's own so will have to be careful there.


No comments:

Post a Comment